Feb 8, 2010

H.W 39 First School Assignment

Relationships
Teachers
Grading
favorites
Digitalization
Friendships
roles
Class sizes

What's interesting to me is the relationship between teachers and students. The bonds are very unique. What makes it more fascinating is class sizes. I think its a plus for both and us students should take advantage of it. When i hear other people talk about their grades form other school, the statement i would usually say talk to your teacher and i know they will help you. i say this because of my experiences with my teachers. They would usually say my teachers doesn't care or the class is too big so they won't have time. When i hear that, i know that my school has something positive coming from it. So to me it feels as if larger classes has a less stronger bond between students and teachers.

The advantage for me is that i'm able to understand my work better because i have someone taking their time explaining it. its even better when i get along with the teacher because they know how i am as a student and my learning levels. They are able to understand me more and we can be on the same page. With a bigger class a teacher won't have time to go through baby steps trying to explain. i've always had small classes and learned a Lot. I also had good relationships with teachers and realized when i didn't have a good bond with one (This actually happened) i didn't learn as much and was struggling. So when i would talk to them because the bond wasn't so good, they would not care and would tell me anything, for me to figure it out on my own. So i'm that i have good relationships with my teachers and that would be the same for the majority of students and teachers in this school.

The disadvantages about good bonds between teachers and students is students will become addicted to being babied and not know how to learn on themselves. Not that some don't want to, we don't know how. for myself, im use to asking questions all the time for things i should know for myself, but ask anyway for reinsurance. When i get to college, im not going to be able to do that if i go to a larger school. My learning is made for small schools, not saying i can not handle the work from bigger classes, i just don't know how to learn in a bigger class environment. So these unique bonds can be a downfall for bigger classes in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment